First Inter-Parliamentary Union Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians
10 October, 2014 - 11 October, 2014
Taking Democracy to Task
October 10-11, 2014
Friday, Oct. 10:
– The right to participate without discrimination: Translating principles into reality
– Taking stock: IPU analysis of youth participation in parliament
– Barriers to young people entering politics
– Are young women facing double discrimination based on age and sex?
– Is it true that young people are apathetic, apolitical and angry citizens?
– Youth movements and platforms as a stepping stone to parliament
Saturday, Oct. 11:
– How to open up politics and parliament to young people? The win-win scenario
– How to maintain youth participation on the international agenda?