The Pacific Forum is recruiting a program and publications manager to work in Honolulu to support its mission of stimulating dialogue and cooperation among government leaders and policy experts to craft policies that promote peace and stability in the Indo-Pacific.
Minimum qualification requirements include a bachelor’s degree; proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe applications (including InDesign and Acrobat), and social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram); and a willingness to travel (domestically and internationally) if and when travel becomes possible.
The Program / Publications Manager provides support and assistance to Pacific Forum’s 1) fellowship and internship programs, 2) in-house publications, and 3) events (both in-person and virtual). The Program / Publications Manager performs clerical functions essential to Pacific Forum’s work and assists Directors in executing programs, projects, and proposals.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A master’s degree in political science, international relations, regional studies, economics or a related field;
- Experience in publication and material design and layout;
- Vision to grow and improve Pacific Forum’s publications;
- Strong communication skills to include speaking, writing, and editing;
- An intellectual interest in the Indo-Pacific;
- Experience working at a non-profit research institute;
- Demonstrated ability to work on numerous projects concurrently;
- Organizational and time management skills;
- The ability to produce results under deadline;
- Attention to detail;
- The ability to work as part of a team and adapt to changing requirements;
- Punctuality, professionalism, and a positive attitude.
Benefits include healthcare, paid vacation, and paid holidays. Starting salary will depend on education and experience but is expected to range from $40,000 to $50,000. Position/Salary is evaluated annually based on performance.
Interested candidates must submit the following items:
- Letter of interest. The letter should explain why you are interested in applying for the position to include a brief description of your vocational goals.
- Curriculum Vitae. The CV should reflect your educational background, work experience, and academic interests.
- Contact information for two professional references.
Please send all application materials by Feb. 4, 2022 to: [email protected].
This job posting is also viewable on Indeed.