Pacific Forum welcomes submissions for its PacNet commentary series. Submitted articles should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Subject. The subject should be policy-oriented and related to Indo-Pacific security, diplomacy, economics, military affairs, or other related areas. Generally, we do not publish pieces that are focused on culture, sociology, and other similar disciplines unless there is a clear security or strategic angle. We are not necessarily seeking US-centric views, however we are looking for submissions that are relevant to the US.
- Depth. Pieces should provide solid analysis and should not be so specific as to be relevant to only a specialist audience.
- Length. Articles should be roughly between 800-1,200 words.
- Bio. Please include a brief, one- to two-sentence bio with your preferred email address. This email address will be published in the PacNet as a way for readers to respond to your piece.
- Submission. Please email your article to firstname.lastname@example.org
We accept submissions that have previously been published in other media outlets, however it is the author’s responsibility to obtain republication permission and forward proof of that permission to Pacific Forum. The final decision to publish the articles lies with Pacific Forum’s president and executive director. Successful submissions provide original, thoughtful, concise analysis on a timely issue, among other factors. Pacific Forum reserves the right to edit all submissions for length and clarity. Notification of acceptance or denial will be sent to the author via email. There is no monetary compensation for publication.