The Pacific Forum is recruiting a program manager to work in Honolulu to support its mission of stimulating dialogue and cooperation among government leaders and policy experts to craft policies that promote peace and stability in the Indo-Pacific.
Minimum qualification requirements include a bachelor’s degree; proficiency with Microsoft Office and G Suite, virtual conferencing platforms (e.g., Zoom, WebEx), WordPress, Canva, Adobe software, and social media; and a willingness to travel (domestically and internationally).
The Program Manager provides support and assistance to Pacific Forum’s research activities and events (both in-person and virtual). The Program Manager performs clerical functions essential to Pacific Forum’s work and assists Directors in executing programs, projects, and proposals. This Program Manager position will primarily assist with execution of Women, Peace, and Security (WPS) programming in fields such as health security, cybersecurity, climate security, humanitarian assistance and disaster relief, preventing and countering violent extremism, and maritime security, with a focus on the promotion of women’s participation in peace and security policy at international levels in dialogues, policies, and peace processes.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A bachelor’s degree in political science, international relations, regional studies, economics, gender and women’s studies, or a related field;
- Strong communication skills to include speaking, writing, and editing;
- Experience working at a non-profit research institute;
- An intellectual interest in the Indo-Pacific; particularly Southeast Asia, South Asia, and the Pacific Islands;
- Demonstrated ability to work on numerous projects concurrently;
- Organizational and time management skills;
- A willingness to learn new software applications;
- The ability to produce results under deadline;
- Attention to detail;
- The ability to work as part of a team and adapt to changing requirements;
- Punctuality, professionalism, and a positive attitude.
Benefits include healthcare, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Starting salary will depend on education and experience but is expected to range from $36,000 to $48,000. Position/salary is evaluated annually based on performance and funding availability.
Interested candidates must submit the following items:
- Letter of interest. The letter should explain why you are interested in applying for the position to include a brief description of your vocational goals.
- Curriculum Vitae. The CV should reflect your educational background, work experience, and academic interests.
- Contact information for two professional references.
Please send all application materials by August 10, 2022 to: email@example.com
This job posting is also viewable on Indeed.